Tuesday, January 31, 2012

primo settimana in Firenze

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last few days have been pretty interesting. I've started classes now, I've gone to a welcome dinner, and bought a new pair of boots! I feel like i've been spending excessive amounts of money but my parents claim I'm not. Not sure if I REALLLLY believe them. I still haven't decided if things are more expensive here, or if it's just my head telling me that. I did however buy a new pair of tall brown boots, black flats, and a cheap purse for 34 Euro. I was surprised that was even possible. Thankfully I bought the boots when I did, my combat boot zipper broke after I was done trying the brown ones on. So sadly I now have to buy another pair of combat boots while I'm here. So much money being thrown around and I have yet to leave florence or do any traveling. hmmmm.

I haven't completely figured out the florence streets yet, but I do know how to make it to my classes and back now, which is quite the accomplishment I'd say. I had my fashion photography class yesterday, I feel like I'm one of the few ACTUALLY a photo major. I'll definitely be rocking the darkroom once we start working there. I also found out the school has a field view camera I can borrow. I'm pretty sure while hearing that I had a HUGE grin on my face of excitement. View Camera in Italy? Yes please!!! Anyway, we played around with strobes a bit, we start using them in a couple weeks. So above is a quick snapshot of a very blown out image from the strobes I was using. And also above is the doorway from the palace of the welcome dinner. LDM hosts a welcome dinner, which is really a free glass of wine, some finger food, a bit of desert and off you go. It was in this giant maze of a place that was absolutely gorgeous. Obviously I was there and didn't get a picture until I was out the door. So I just snapped the doorway. Oh well. It was still fun!

Also, yesterday I was mocked by an Italian woman in this little restaurant. She worked there and still decided it was a good idea to mock the confused American. I was caught off guard by this, as well as when I was leaving she told me she loved me and that I needed to remember that always. I think she just wanted me to come back .... maybe she doesn't have very much business? I can't decide if I really want to ever go back after that experience. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment